Becoming a parent is… as simple as it sounds… life changing. These bible verses for new new parents will help you focus on Jesus. It is a roller coaster ride of indescribable ups and downs with unpredictable turns and jolts. It is also full of sweet moments of calm between the dips and turns. The ride can get a little crazy. Sometimes it will feel like the baby is at the wheel… but remember to surrender to Jesus and let Him drive.
I wanted to share some verses that have helped us as we became new parents this year.
10 Bible Verses for New Parents
- “I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there. (1 Samuel 1:27–28)
- As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. (Ecclesiastes 11:5)
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. (Psalms 127:3-5 )
- “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)
- Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. (Genesis 2:7)
- This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24)
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
Share this post with new parents and help them rely on Jesus. These 10 Bible Verses for New Parents might just be what they need to read.