It is the list of date night ideas you have been looking for…one (almost free) date night a month! That doesn’t sound like a lot does it? But how many of us DO it?
I have put a list of date night ideas at the end of this post to help us all out! My husband and I talk about date night but it is not planned or marked on the calendar like it should be… we want to make a habit of it before we have kids one day! We know it will be harder to have time alone then especially if we don’t make it a habit now! I’ve put together a list of simple date night ideas and most of them are free!
A date isn’t about the amount of money you spend but the quality of the time you spend together. So, go get ice cream and chat… Date your hubby (or wife) again! 😀 Your kids will thank you when they are older and realize what an awesome example you set!
Date Night Ideas:
- Rent a movie and enjoy it with take out from your favorite local restaurant.
- Exercise together – go for a jog, play your favorite sport together, bike ride, etc.
- Go thrift store shopping.
- Get out old pictures of your life together and chat about your favorite memories.
- Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.
- Test drive a car just for fun.
- Do a progressive dinner – appetizer at one place, main course at another, and dessert at a final location
- Make a fire in a fire pit and roast s’mores.
- Take in a local sporting event.
- Challenge each other in a game of Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Sorry, or other board game favorite.
- Visit a free museum.
- Go out for frozen yogurt or ice cream.
There are enough date night ideas for you to do one per month. You marriage is worth investing a few hours one night a month right? Your kids will thank you. Your spouse will thank you. YOU will thank you! If we make these simple changes and put forth the effort to honor our marriages… God will honor that obedience to His word.