Mother’s Day is TOMORROW! Sunday, May 12th! You know you have seen your wife pick up after the kids, drive everyone around town, clean up after everyone and much much more! Below is a list of 10 things you can do to make this Mother’s Day a special one she will remember! Maybe even get the kids involved and have them pick something off the list too! She treats all of you like royalty each day… MAKE her feel like royalty this Mother’s Day! 😀
Flowers and dinner at her favorite restaurant are certainly welcome. But here are ten more ideas to treat your wife like a queen this Mother’s Day:
1. Offer a half day where you will do acts of service. Whether she asks you to plant flowers, clean your tool bench, go shopping with her or whatever, you’ll do it gladly! Shell love having you complete some items on the “honey do” list.
2. Instead of avoiding a chick flick like the plague, go ahead and rent one you think your wife would enjoy. Send your wife an invitation to a movie night. Light candles, make popcorn, and snuggle up under a blanket while you watch.
3. If your wife works outside the home, send a love note to her office on Friday before Mothers Day. Tell her how much you appreciate her hard work in caring for you and the children. Praise her for specific ways she mothers your children with patience, wisdom, a sense of humor, etc.
4. See all that laundry piled up in the basket? Surprise your spouse by doing the laundry and putting it away. Remember to separate the darks and maybe even set the washers setting to gentle to avoid ruining her favorite shirt.
5. Wash her car and vacuum the inside. Whether you have this done at a car wash or do it yourself, shell appreciate driving a clean vehicle.
6. Have an unhurried time of prayer for your wife. Ask her to share her needs with you. Hold hands as you pray for her. Look up Scriptures together to encourage you both. Make time during the week to continue to pray for your wife. Share anything the Lord may say to you during those prayer times.
7. Take care of the kids for an afternoon and tell your wife she’s got free time! She can get caught up on scrap booking, read a book, go to the store alone, watch a movie, have coffee with her girlfriend, whatever would re-charge her battery!
8. Turn your bedroom into a day spa. Draw a hot bath for your wife, complete with mountain high bubbles, candles and relaxing music. Then give her a Mothers Day massage. While you’re rubbing her shoulders and back, tell her how much you appreciate all the things she does for your family.
9. If your children are grown and out of the house, plan something special with them. Maybe this is the Mothers Day for all the children to travel home to surprise mom. Or everyone can plan to call at a certain time, or send letters of appreciation that you can put in a folder for your wife.
10. Hire a housekeeper to clean the house so the house will be sparkling for Mothers Day without your wife lifting a finger.
via Ten Ways to Treat Your Wife Like a Queen on Mother’s Day , Christian Engagement, Newlywed Couples.