Date nights are so important. They sound cliche but think about it…cliches become cliches because they are usually obvious truths. Married couples need to date! After a few years of being married some folks feel like they don’t have anything left to talk about! But the truth is you are always changing and so is your spouse. So ask some of these questions on your next date night (you have a date night right?! 🙂 ) and see where the conversation leads. In order to have a marriage better than newlyweds we must continue to get to know our spouse and appreciate who they are and Love them for it.
1. If there was a movie about your life, what songs would you want on the soundtrack?
2. In that movie, what actor past or present would you want to play you?3. If you could have named yourself, what name would you have chosen?4. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
5. What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
6. What was your biggest fear when you were a child?
7. What is your biggest fear now?
8. Besides our wedding and the day kids were born, what is your all-time favorite day?
9. What would you do with the money if we won the lottery?
10. What would you do tomorrow if you lost your job and money and we had to start over?
I think you will be surprised with all that you learn about your spouse. I also think you will be surprised by how learning more about your spouse improves your marriage. The more we know about our spouse the better we can understand their point of view and where they are coming from. We need to constantly be observing our spouse and learning about them so that we can serve them and meet their needs. “Date night” is a way to be sure you get some one on one time.